Hi, I'm Wolfie. I’m adopted!
Labrador Retriever Mix | Young | Male | Medium
Wolfie was adopted August 2017!
Wolfie came into the shelter as a stray, so we don’t know much about his past, but it appears someone has worked with him. He came to us knowing “Sit” very well and apparently entirely house trained.
His major flaw is he is a dedicated counter surfer (best cured with impeccable management). However, he is smart, eager to please, very motivated by food, and learning everything fast, including heel, fetch, beg (very good at this one!) and stay. In order to keep him from begging while we’re eating, we have him stay on the couch, and this has become quite routine.
Wolfie is highly energetic, and happiest after a long romp and play session (preferably with another dog). The adage goes “a tired dog is a well-behaved dog”, and this is certainly true of Wolfie.
Wolfie loves company, so if you don’t want him on your couch with his head in your lap, at least provide a comfortable doggy bed close to where you’ll be. He has worked out very well with his foster brother, but we don’t know how he would be with cats or other small animals.
- Age and weight: I’m 3-4 years old, and weigh about 50 pounds.
- Good with kids: I'm good with kids over 10 years old
- Good with dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: Not sure.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: Very High
- Special needs: null
If you are interested in Wolfie. I’m adopted!, consider letting us know by filling out a (no-obligation) adoption application. Please consult our Adoption FAQ before contacting us.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Wolfie. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.