Hi, I'm Wolfie. I’m pending!
Labrador Retriever Mix | Young | Male | Medium
Wolfie came into the shelter as a stray, so we don’t know much about his past, but it appears someone has worked with him. He came to us knowing “Sit” very well and apparently entirely house trained. Not sure how he ever got skinny, but he will fill out fast because he REALLY likes to eat. He has been known to like to snack on shoes, so will need to be given lots of bones and chew toys of his own and be taught the appropriate items to play with.
His major flaw is he is a dedicated counter surfer. However, he is smart, eager to please, very motivated by food, and learning everything fast, including heel, fetch, beg, stand, and stay. (Last night we made him stay on the couch while we ate dinner. He complied, although his heart wasn’t in it!)
Wolfie is energetic, and may be better with an experienced adopter, but he also likes his leisure time. If you don’t want him on the couch, you should consider other dogs, as he is very comfortable lying next to someone with his head on their lap. He has worked out very well with his foster brother, but we don’t know how he would be with cats or other small animals.
- Age and weight: I’m 3-4 years old, and weigh about 45 pounds. I might put on a bit of weight.
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids, but I could knock little ones over by accident.
- Good with other dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: Not sure.
- Chews inappropriate items: Yes, but can be redirected.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: Moderate
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Wolfie is not planning to be at the next adoption show, March 18, at the Annapolis PetCo, although there is always a chance that plans will need to be changed at the last minute.