Feel the Love. Foster an Animal.
Save a life! Taking a dog or cat temporarily into your home means it won’t be euthanized at the shelter. For more than 25 years, we’ve been giving great pets a second chance. You can help by being a foster.
How Can I Help?
- You provide a safe, loving environment, regular feeding and fresh water.
- You evaluate your foster animal’s behavior and attitude in your home, and keep an eye out for problems, especially aggression.
- You work on basic training, such as housebreaking, manners, and socialization.
- You take your foster to medical appointments and two adoption shows each month.
- You meet potential adopters and follow up on applications.
What Does the PGSPCA Provide?
- We help you select a foster animal that works for your home and lifestyle.
- We screen and temperament-test for appropriate traits, behavior, and overall adoptability.
- We provide veterinary care and can provide food, leashes, and collars when possible.
- We have a strong support group of trainers, handlers, veterinarians, specialists, and other volunteers to guide you.
Call us at (301) 262-5625 ext. 2 or email us at email@example.com to speak with a volunteer and get started!