Just a few hours of your time each month can make a world of difference to homeless, abused, or neglected animals.
You can volunteer online from the comfort of your home, or join us at one of our events. Whatever your interest and availability, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note that we are not affiliated with the county shelter, and do not have animals to interact with on site.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- ADOPTION EVENTS: bi-monthly, we need help with transport, animal handling, and customer service
- SHOT CLINIC: monthly, we need help with customer service, paperwork, and animal handling
- SURGERY CLINIC: a few times a week, we may need administrative help (customer service, paperwork, and light cleaning tasks)
- ONGOING: not connected to a specific event, but at various times in the month
- Administrative helpers who can support our programs (data entry, phone and email customer service, and donation coordination)
- Pet fosters who care for pets in their home (temporary and longer term) and can help us adopt them out
- Photographers who can travel to foster homes and/or events to take promotional photos of our adoptable pets and our program work
- Social media volunteers to help us market our adoptable pets and programs
- Researchers and writers to create online and printed content that promote our pets, programs, and initiatives
We’re holding orientations on Zoom the second Tuesday evening of the month to introduce volunteers to our organization and our programs. If you’d like to volunteer, please sign up for our volunteer orientation. If you’d like more information, you can call us on (301) 262-5625 and choose option 4 (to leave a message for the volunteer coordinator), but sending us an email is best.
We currently have no programs or projects for youth participation. If you are under age 18, you may want to contact the Prince George’s County Animal Management Division (not affiliated with us). For more information about them, see www.princegeorgespets4us.com.