Hi, I'm Storm. I’m adopted!
Rottweiler Labrador Retriever | Young | Female | Large
Storm was adopted August 2019!
I love to play! It’s my favorite thing! I’d play all day except my foster brother gets tired. (He’s old.) I need a young brother or sister who likes to run and wrestle. (Check out my moves at the dogpark! )My other favorite thing is to get my tummy scratched. Or my ears. My other favorite thing is treats – I’ll do almost anything for a biscuit, or a chewie or even a piece of cauliflower! (I like sitting in the kitchen to watch my foster mom make dinner because sometimes things fall on the floor.)
I already knew sit, and I’ve learned ‘down,’ and ‘leave it’ and ‘paw’… and I’m still working on ‘don’t jump’ – that one’s hard because I’m so enthusiastic about everything! I like taking all the toys out of the toy box but am not so good about putting them back. I like chewing on toys, especially bones and tugs, but I’m not a big fan of fetch.
I sleep in my crate at night (although I’d rather sleep with you), and am okay staying in it when everyone’s at work, but I don’t like being crated when my people are home!
- Age and weight: I'm about 2 1/2 years old, and weigh 56 pounds.
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids, but I could knock little ones over by accident.
- Good with dogs: I'm great with other dogs and enjoy initiating and responding to request for play time!
- Good with cats: I'm not good with cats or other small animals.
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: No
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I’ll go in my crate at night, but I think it’s a punishment during the day.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I only chew on inappropriate things when I'm bored or lonely.
- Training: I know the 'sit' command. Is there more?
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
- Special needs: null
If you are interested in Storm. I’m adopted!, consider letting us know by filling out a (no-obligation) adoption application. Please consult our Adoption FAQ before contacting us.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Storm. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.