Hi, I'm Penny. I’m adopted!
Terrier Mix | Baby | Female | Medium
Hi! My name is Penny. I’m a 4 month old terrier mix. I was found wandering stray with my mom and 5 siblings, and ended up at the PG county shelter. PGSPCA rescued me from the shelter along with my brother, Woody.
We’re loving our foster home in Maryland. We’ve got space to run around, other dogs to play with, 3 square meals a day, extra treats for cuteness and a soft bed for naps. We get to play, eat, play, sleep, play, snuggle – oh and did I mention play? You see I’m a very active playful pup. You can see from one of the pictures that I like to garden. My foster mom says I’m not really that helpful but I keep trying.
I need a forever home that has a big, fenced -in yard so I can run and play. I would like a family who is active and likes to take me for walks and jogs. I can’t be left alone for more than four hours since I’m so young and still working on house-training. I am working on being patient in my crate. My foster momma says I listen really well (except when gardening) and I’m smart as a whip. I’m working on my puppy manners – only chewing my chew things and not jumping up. I like it when my humans smile and say “good puppy”. If you think you can give me the home I need I’d love to make you smile too!
- Age: I am 5 months old (as of 9/23/16)
- Weight: I weigh 25 pounds (as of 9/23/16)
- Good with kids: I'm good with kids over 10 years old
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: I really need a fenced yard to run off my energy
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home with lots of room.
- House trained: Working on it
- Crate trained: I'm working on this crate training thing
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I may occasionally chew inappropriate items; But hey I'm a puppy, I explore the world with my mouth.
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
- Special needs: null
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Penny. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.