Hi, I'm Nate. I’m adopted!
Poodle Maltese | Young | Male | Small
Nate was a return adoption to a local shelter after his former owner could no longer care for him. He is a sweet, happy, and social little guy who likes meeting people and other dogs. He has also met one cat and seemed to be OK with him. He hasn’t met any kids yet, but due to his size, we think he would do best with kids over 10 years.
We have only had him a few days so far, but he seems to be housebroken. He sometimes will bark in his crate when you first put him in and leave him, but appears to settle down pretty quickly.
Due to a lot of matting in his fur when we got him, we had to shave most of him down. So he isn’t looking his best right now, but it will grow back. His adopter will need to brush him regularly and have him groomed to prevent him from getting into that condition again.
Nate is looking for an adopter to share his whole life with this time. Is that you?
- Age and weight: I'm 3 years old and weigh 9 pounds
- Good with kids: I'm good with kids over 10 years old
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I’m good with cats.
- Fenced yard: I do not necessarily need a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse, but not an apartment.
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: null
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate.
- Special needs: null
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Nate. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.