Hi, I'm Finn. I’m adopted!
Australian Shepherd Golden Retriever | Adult | Male | Medium
Finn is a gentleman, and a gentle dog. He loves to be petted, and with his soft fur, you’ll love petting him! He likes to be where the people are. He will curl up at the feet of your chair, content to stay in a dogbed or on a mat. He does not try to jump on the furniture. He likes to be outside, especially in 2 feet of snow! He digs into the snowbank and sticks his head in, looking for buried treasure, perhaps. He plays nicely with other dogs, but tends to get a bit over-excited when there is more than one playmate. And since he also gets excited when he plays with people, we think he’d be better in a home with older kids.
His fur has been shaved, but we expect it will grow in thick and lush. Fortunately, he enjoys being handled, so brushing his coat – which will need it – won’t be a chore.
- Age and weight: I'm about 6 years old and weigh 43 pounds.
- Good with kids: I'm probably OK with older kids
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I'll whine when you leave, but then I'll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Finn is expecting to attend the next adoption show, January 30th **NOTE THE DATE CHANGE** at the Bowie PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.