Hi, I'm Dora. I’m adopted!
Shih Tzu Mix | Young | Female | Small
Dora is a cute, sweet, friendly bundle of love. Her foster mom calls her Dora the Adorable and its been echoed by everyone who meets her.
She spent the first part of her life crated with her sister for long periods of time, not given much to eat, and generally neglected. Since being rescued, she enjoys romping in the yard, playing fetch with soft toys and balls, being brushed and eating nutritious food.
Dora is pretty laid back most of the time, but will perk up when she hears noises or sees a squirrel. She’s an expert at playing fetch, always bringing the toy or ball right back to you to throw again.
She loves to cuddle and wants to be as close to you as possible when sitting on the couch, laying her head on your lap as you pet her soft silky fur. And you will have a constant companion because she always needs to know where you are and wants to be with you, following you from room to room.
Dora has become friends with her foster mom’s cat and they play a game of catch chasing each other throughout the house. She’s been around other dogs but seems to prefer those that are closer to her size.
If you’re looking to add a sweet, friendly loving dog to your family, look no further than Dora. She is a fabulous dog looking for her forever home, which could be yours!
- Age: 2 years
- Weight: 11 pounds
- Good with kids: I'm good with older kids, and might even prefer to be in a home with no children
- Good with dogs: I'm good with dogs, but I get nervous around big dogs
- Good with cats: I’m good with cats.
- Fenced yard: I do not necessarily need a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or an apartment.
- House trained: I’m working on this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I do NOT like crates!
- Barks when left alone: I do bark when left alone. I get lonely!
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Dora is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, August 15th at the Annapolis PetCo, although there's always a possibility that plans will need to change at the last minute.