Hi, I'm Alfie! I’m adopted!
Pointer Spaniel | Young | Male | Medium
Alfie is a true gentleman. His wants are few – a tummy rub, an ear scratch, a soft dogbed to curl up in. He enjoys car rides and walks, and happily runs to the door when he thinks it’s time to go out.
He walks politely on leash, only pulling a little when he wants to check something out. We are still learning his tricks; he knows the command ‘sit,’ and will put out his paw to ‘shake.’ We think he has other talents we have yet to discover.
Alfie likes meeting other dogs, but does not seem to be into rough and tumble play. He came from a home with many cats, so we believe he would be fine with feline companions.
- Good with kids: I don’t know if I’m good with kids yet.
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I’m good with cats.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I would be alright in an apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I'm not crate trained, and I don't need one
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I’m pretty laid-back.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Alfie is expecting to attend the next adoption show, March 28th at the Bowie PetSmart, although there's always a possibility that plans will need to change at the last minute.