Hi, I'm James
German Shepherd Dog | Young | Male | Large
James is a playful, energetic sweet boy who warms up to people very quickly. He loves to keep himself entertained and busy with his toys, with naps in a cozy bed in between. He’ll come check on you to make sure you haven’t gone too far and loves head rubs. He can get excited with his toys or with you, so a little extra wiggle room around the house would be ideal.
James is strong but walks well on the leash with minimal pulling. He is very alert and curious with what is happening around him. He is not a fan of walks along busy streets and can get a bit anxious.
He could use a little more training with commands but he is naturally (or already) well-behaved so he won’t cause trouble in the interim while he is learning.
- Age: 1 year 8 months
- Weight: 60 pounds
- Good with kids: Not sure.
- Good with dogs: Yes
- Good with cats: Yes
- Fenced yard: Preferred
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse, but not an apartment.
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: Unknown
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: I know the basics & some tricks!
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate but I like to play and need lots of exercise.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if James will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.