Hi, I'm Woody. I’m adopted!
Terrier Mix | Baby | Male | Medium
Woody was adopted November 2016!
Hi! My name is Woody. I’m a 6-month-old terrier mix. I was found wandering stray with my mom and 5 siblings, and ended up at the PG county shelter. PGSPCA rescued me from the shelter along with my sister, Penny. We’re loving our foster home in Maryland. We’ve got space to run around, other dogs to play with, 3 square meals a day, extra treats for cuteness and a soft bed for naps. I even get puppy training so I don’t jump up so much. I’m a very active, playful pup. Sometimes I get excited and grab my foster mom’s skirt or even her arm. I’m a little bigger than my sister but she is faster so we make a really good tag-team for wrestling and chasing.
I need a forever home that has a big, fenced-in yard so I can run and play. I would like a family who is active and likes to take me for walks and jogs. I’m working on house-training, so I can’t be left alone for more than four hours. My foster momma says I listen really well (except when I’m really excited) and I’m smart as a whip. I’m working on my puppy manners – only chewing my chew things and not jumping up. I like it when my humans smile and say “good puppy”. If you think you can give me the home I need I’d love to make you smile too!
- Age: I am 6 months old (as of 10/13/16)
- Weight: I weigh 30 pounds
- Good with kids: I'm good with kids over 10 years old
- Good with other dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: I really need a fenced yard to run off my energy
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home with lots of room.
- House trained: Working on it
- Crate trained: I'm working on this crate training thing
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I may occasionally chew inappropriate items; But hey I'm a puppy, I explore the world with my mouth.
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Woody is expecting to attend the next adoption show, October 22nd at the Bowie PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.