Hi, I'm Walter. I’m adopted!
Shih Tzu Poodle | Young | Male | Small
Walter is a fun, spunky, cute, little boy filled with personality. Walter was very neglected as a young pup and so is still learning about manners and limits. He is catching on! Go Walter!
He is a first-rate cuddler and loves to be near his people. Walter is very active and so we are looking for a person or a family that can give Walter lots of walks and playtime and a home that has access to a yard or green spaces. Because he is still a bit of a puppy, and likes to jump and play-bite, we are only placing him in a home with children that are much older or have dog experience.
Walter loves toys and is learning to play fetch! He loves the company of other dogs and would love to have another equally active small dog to play with. Walter will require regular trips to the groomer and baths.
- Age and weight: I'm 1 1/2 years old and weigh about 13 pounds
- Good with kids: I'm probably OK with older kids
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I’m not good with cats.
- Fenced yard: I would prefer a home with a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: I am mostly house trained.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I walk great on a leash, but I have no formal training.
- Activity level: null
- Special needs: null
If you are interested in Walter. I’m adopted!, consider letting us know by filling out a (no-obligation) adoption application. Please consult our Adoption FAQ before contacting us.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Walter. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.