Hi, I'm Trina. I’m adopted!
Shih Tzu | Young | Female | Small
Oh boy… my first home wasn’t so great. They just let my hair grow, and grow, and grow. At first I thought that was OK. I didn’t like the clippers so much. But then my hair started getting knotted. It finally ended up choking off the blood supply to my right leg. And then… somebody besides my family noticed. So there was a trip to a new location, lots of nice people, surgery — no more painful leg, which was OK ’cause I hadn’t been using it, anyway. And now I’m at this great house, with balls and toys and walks!! This is AMAZING! I had no idea life could be so much fun. I’ve got people to snuggle with and greet. In fact, I’m really taking my greeting job seriously. I think it’s one of the best parts about being a house dog.
I’ve still got some challenges. Like this walking downstairs, thing. It’s hard enough going downstairs on four legs when you’re as low to the ground as I am, but going down on three is a real challenge. And that’s OK, because with all the wonderful stuff happening, a challenge is just what I need to, er, keep me on my toes, so to speak. I’ve also got to find a permanent home/job — and that’s where YOU come in. I’d really like to interview with you for a position as family greeter/lap dog/all-around household pet. Got some time to meet with me?
Watch Trina on TV! http://wjla.com/news/videos/pet-show-adorable-adoptable
- Age: I am about 1 year old
- Weight: I am 10 lbs.
- Good with kids: I'm probably OK with older kids
- Good with other dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: I do not necessarily need a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I don't bark too much when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I walk great on a leash, but I have no formal training.
- Activity level: My activity level is medium-high.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Trina is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, May 14th at the Calverton PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change.