Hi, I'm Stewie. I’m adopted!
Labrador Retriever Mix | Young | Male | Medium
Stewie was adopted April of 2018!
You’ll search a long time before you’ll find a dog as sweet and well-behaved as Stewie!
Is he cute?! ADORABLE! You’ve got to see Stewie in person, photos don’t do him justice!
Stewie loves to be near you but isn’t clingy. He just likes to check in with you every so often for a quick cuddle. He’s playful with other dogs and knows how to interact with them. He’s active but not over the top. He’s not much of a barker. Stewie’s not a fan of the crate but because he’s still a puppy and inclined to chew occasionally, you’ll need to use it when you go out or you can’t keep an eye on him. He’s easily redirected to toys to chew.
Stewie’s smart and with his sensitivity and a high desire to please, he’s very trainable. There’ve been no house-training lapses so far!
Stewie spends his nights sleeping on a dog bed next to his foster Mom’s bed as content as can be. Is there a spot next to your bed?
- Age: 10 months (as of March 2018)
- Weight: 35 lbs
- Good with kids: Yes, with kids over 8.
- Good with dogs: Yes, and I'd love a playful companion
- Good with cats: Unknown, but I'm young and trainable
- Fenced yard: Preferred
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: Possibly
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: Yes, if crated
- Chews inappropriate items: Yes, but can be redirected.
- Training: Great on stay, come, and leave it, great training potential!
- Activity level: Active and would love a doggy playmate and/or kids!
- Special needs: null
If you are interested in Stewie. I’m adopted!, consider letting us know by filling out a (no-obligation) adoption application. Please consult our Adoption FAQ before contacting us.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Stewie. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.