Hi, I'm Shadow. I’m adopted!
Boxer Mix | Adult | Male | Large
Shadow is the dog you want by your side as you relax with a good book or stretch out on the couch to watch a movie. But he’s always up for a car ride or a romp in the yard if that’s what you have planned.
While he enjoys wrestling with fellow canines, he’s happiest chilling with his people. He will lay his head on your leg and look up at you with those sad brown eyes, and you can’t help but pet him. He knows his basic commands, and is working on his leash-walking manners.
Shadow was adopted from the shelter as an adorable puppy. Seven years later, he was back at the shelter, picked up as a stray, whose family didn’t come to get him. But we recognized what a special dog he was. So, this dapper gentleman is in his foster home, en route to the next chapter of his life. Come meet him and be charmed!
- Age: I'm 7 years old.
- Weight: I weigh 54 pounds, (could stand to put on a few pounds)
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids.
- Good with other dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I can take 'em or leave 'em.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I'm not crate trained, and I don't need one
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Shadow is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, October 24th, although there's always a possibility that plans will need to change at the last minute. You can meet with our adoption coordinator at Bowie PetSmart (12-2), or meet some of the other dogs up for adoption at the Barkin' Bash at Quiet Waters in Annapolis (11-3).