Hi, I'm Scout. I’m adopted!
Beagle Dachshund | Young | Male | Small
Scout was adopted in March 2020!
Scout is a very sweet dog who is a little timid because of his experiences as a puppy. He was hit by a car, so is very nervous around automobiles. He also tends to crouch down when you go to pet him, however he perks right up and wags his tail when he realizes you were just going to give him some attention.
Scout is mostly beagle, so he really likes to sniff and discover the world around him. Like most beagles, he will go where his nose leads him, so you shouldn’t let him go if he isn’t in an enclosed space.
Scout will make an awesome loving companion for someone. Just give him a chance and you won’t be disappointed!
- Age and weight: I'm 4 or 5 years old and weigh 11 pounds.
- Good with kids: Yes
- Good with dogs: Yes
- Good with cats: Yes
- Fenced yard: Preferred
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: Yes
- House trained: I’m working on this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: Occasionally
- Chews inappropriate items: I have been known to chew inappropriate items—my adoptive family will need to work on this with me.
- Training: I know the 'sit' command. Is there more?
- Activity level: Moderate
If you are interested in Scout. I’m adopted!, consider letting us know by filling out a (no-obligation) adoption application. Please consult our Adoption FAQ before contacting us.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Scout. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.