Hi, I'm Sadie
German Shepherd Dog Collie | Young | Female | Medium
Hi everyone! My name is Sadie, which I think means “lovable, 1.5 year old, 50 lb. Shepherd mix available for adoption.” Just a guess. Behind my contagious smile and loveable face is the friendliest spirit – I’m a sweetheart! I love the simple things in life…playing in the snow, hiding your socks and looking out the window at the big, beautiful world! Oh, and naps! How could I forget those! I really enjoy spending time with my human, especially outside! I love running around and exploring the great outdoors! A home with older kids would be perfect for me, sometimes I like to play a little rough and I have a lot of energy! I really love my fellow canine friends; I suppose you could say I’m a bit of a social butterfly. I’m crate-trained and know to handle my business outside, but I would love some training so I can learn the basic commands! While I’m very playful and give lots of kisses, I may be a little shy at first – I just need to warm up to you before I smother you with affection! I am so ready for my forever home and am excited to meet you!
- Age: 1 year 7 months
- Weight: 50 lbs.
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 12 years old.
- Good with dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: No
- Fenced yard: I would prefer a home with a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: townhouse would be OK, if it has a yard
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: Yes.
- Barks when left alone: Very seldem
- Chews inappropriate items: I have been known to chew inappropriate items—my adoptive family will need to work on this with me.
- Training: I’m looking forward to taking a training class!
- Activity level: Moderate
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Sadie IS expecting to attend the next adoption show, February 9th at the Calverton PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.