Hi, I'm Rutile. I’m adopted!
Terrier Mix | Adult | Male | Small
Hi! I’m Rutile or Ruti (like Rudy) for short. Like the gemstone I’m named after, my foster family thinks I’m precious. They say I’m a sweet boy too. I love going on walks. There are so many new things to see! I’m a little scared of them at first, but I’m very friendly and quickly learning there’s nothing to be afraid of. I still like to stick close to my foster mom for now, though.
I lived outdoors with a bunch of my furry siblings for most of my life so I’m still trying to get the hang of this “tell me when you want to go out” thing, but I’ve discovered I love lying on the comfy couch. I really like kids from toddlers on up and I’m very patient with them, but I’m not fond of my crate. I’d rather be snuggling with my family.
Rutie recently appeared on TV!
- Age and weight: I'm 7 years old and weigh 10 pounds.
- Good with kids: Yes
- Good with dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Yes
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I would be alright in an apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: I’m working on this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: I’m looking forward to taking a training class!
- Activity level: I’m pretty laid-back.
- Special needs: null
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Rutile. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.