Hi, I'm Rocky. I’m adopted!
Rottweiler German Shepherd Dog | Young | Male | Large
Rocky is a happy dog who loves to play. He is still very puppy-like, curious about everything and into exploring new spaces. He races around the backyard and wrestles with his foster brother, barking to get his attention, and swatting at him to get him to play. He’s very popular at the dogpark. He would enjoy having another young active dog in the house, so they can try to tire each other out! Because he is so exuberant, Rocky would be too much for kitties or senior dogs.
He enjoys spending time with people, too. He walks nicely with a harness and would probably be a good jogging companion. He’s great riding in the car, sticking his head out the window or just resting in the back seat. He’s very treat motivated, and should pick up new behaviors quickly. He’s great at ‘sit,’ and ‘down,’ and we’re working on ‘stay.’
Would you like him to stay with you? Come meet him at an adoption show and find out! And check him out on The Pet Show.
- Age and weight: I'm 1 1/2 years old, and weigh 65 pounds
- Good with kids: I'm good with kids over 10 years old
- Good with dogs: I'm good with other dogs, but I prefer young ones like me who want to play.
- Good with cats: I’m not good with cats.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home with lots of room.
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I have been known to chew inappropriate items—my adoptive family will need to work on this with me.
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Rocky is planning to be at the next adoption show, December 19th at the Annapolis PetCo,, although there is always the chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.