Hi, I'm Phoenix. I’m adopted!
Basenji Boxer | Young | Female | Medium
Phoenix is a really sweet girl who was sadly taken back to the shelter by her family because one of them developed an allergy to her. She is missing her family but is so happy to be in a foster home and enjoying playtime in a big back yard. She loves to run and play and chase balls. However, she is also happy to rest on a comfy doggy bed. She definitely likes to be comfy and warm! Phoenix is a big lap dog who would love to watch movies with you on a Friday night after enjoying a nice walk around the neighborhood. We’ve discovered that she loves car rides!
Phoenix is doing great adjusting to her foster home, which includes a cat and a dog and two children. She likes to follow us around, or at least know where one of us is located at all times. We are still getting to know Phoenix, so we will post updates to her profile as we learn more about this super cute girl.
Phoenix is a wonderful companion who is looking forward to finding her forever home. Please come and visit her at one of your adoption shows. Her sweet face and affectionate personality will win you over!
- Age and weight: I'm 4 years old and weigh 44 pounds
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids.
- Good with other dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I’m good with cats.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse, but not an apartment.
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I'll whine when you leave, but then I'll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Phoenix IS expecting to attend the next adoption show, April 23rd at the Bowie PetSmart, although there's always a possibility that plans will need to change at the last minute.