Hi, I'm Penelope
Poodle | Adult | Female | Small
Are you looking for a cuddly, quiet lap dog that loves walks as much as a warm lap? Then look no further. This sweet senior is quiet and shy, but gets along with everyone; including both dogs and cats.
Penelope has been diagnosed with Cushings disease and is doing quite well now that she has been started on medication. It is a manageable disease, but will require lifelong medication and semi-annual blood monitoring to make sure the medication is at the correct dose.
Penelope warms up to people fast and enjoys time on your lap, but is able to entertain herself if necessary. She just wants a caring patient family who will love her forever. Please consider this sweet soul who will fill your heart with joy.
Check out Penelope’s appearance on The Pet Show with Dr. Katy!
- Age: 8 years old
- Weight: 16 lbs.
- Good with kids: Yes, with kids over 8.
- Good with other dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Yes
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or an apartment.
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: Yes.
- Barks when left alone: No.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: Laid back
- Special needs: I need special care.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Penelope is expecting to attend the next adoption show, January 21st at the Annapolis PetCo (expected to arrive around 12:30 or 1), although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.