Hi, I'm Elijah (adoption pending!)
Poodle | Adult | Male | Small
Elijah is a total sweetheart. He is very, very sociable with people. When there are lots of people around he likes to greet everyone. He is very affectionate. This little guy loves to go for walks and also likes to sun himself outside. When he came into the shelter he was severely matted and very underweight. Now he is gaining weight and growing back his fur since he was shaved down. He is a very easy fellow to live with. He is not very interested in playing with his foster brother, but he co-exists peacefully with him. He loves to be held and cuddled and loved. Elijah is just learning to play with toys and will have fun playing a bit of fetch. Everyone who meets this precious boy thinks he is adorable. He just made his TV debut today!!
Check him out at:
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 8 years old.
- Good with dogs: I’m used to dogs.
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: I do not necessarily need a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I would make a good apartment pet.
- House trained: I’m working on this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I’m looking forward to taking a training class!
- Activity level: I’m pretty laid-back.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.