Hi, I'm Peanut. I’m adopted!
Chihuahua Terrier | Young | Male | Small
Peanut was adopted February 2016!
Peanut came into a local shelter as a stray with a multitude of injuries. He had a broken bone in his paw, a broken pelvis, and a broken hip. Luckily, one of fosters was looking for a medical case to care for, so we were able to take him into our program and get him the care he needed.
With his broken bones all mended, he is now ready to find his forever home. He started out as quite a shy little guy, but has blossomed as he has gotten healthier and more comfortable. Now he loves to greet new people in his home, runs around and plays with the other dogs – both big and small, and will share the couch with the cat. He is a pretty quiet and easy going pup and does well in a crate. He will occasionally still chew things he shouldn’t (mostly shoelaces), but
can be redirected with bully sticks or other chews, which he loves. Due to Peanut’s size, we think he will be best with kids over 8 years old. He probably will need a fenced yard as he still gets nervous when outside his comfort zone and we are still evaluating his leash walking skills.
Interested in meeting him? Watch for him at an upcoming show!
- Age: I am 1 1/2 years old
- Weight: I am a svelt 7 lbs.
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 8 years old.
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I’m good with cats.
- Fenced yard: I would prefer a home with a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse, but not an apartment.
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I occasionally chew inappropriate items.
- Training: null
- Activity level: My activity level is medium-low.
- Special needs: null
If you are interested in Peanut. I’m adopted!, consider letting us know by filling out a (no-obligation) adoption application. Please consult our Adoption FAQ before contacting us.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Peanut. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.