Hi, I'm Onyx. I’m adopted!
Flat-Coated Retriever Australian Shepherd | Adult | Male | Large
Onyx was adopted September 2015!
Onyx was given up when his family had to move, so he’s looking for a new family to call his own. He is a mellow boy, who gets along with other dogs and doesn’t seem especially interested in cats. He likes people a lot, though, and enjoys being petted and snuggling. He gives kisses. A lot of kisses.
He likes treats and ice cubes, and relaxing on the cool floor. He’ll need frequent brushing to keep his luxurious coat shiny and tangle-free.
He knows the basic commands, and is quickly learning more. He plays fetch, but doesn’t quite understand that he has to give the ball back in order to continue the game. He rides nicely in the car, sometimes sticking his head out in the breeze, other times curling up in the back seat. He’d be a great dog for any family!
Catch Onyx’s T.V. debut at: The Pet Show.
- Age and weight: I'm 7 years old and weigh 67 pounds (I need to lose a few of them!)
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids.
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I’m good with cats.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home with lots of room.
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
- Special needs: null
If you are interested in Onyx. I’m adopted!, consider letting us know by filling out a (no-obligation) adoption application. Please consult our Adoption FAQ before contacting us.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Onyx. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.