Hi, I'm Ella. I’m adopted!
Pointer Beagle | Young | Female | Medium
Ella was adopted December 2015!
Ella is a pretty little girl who had a rough start to life. Her foster mom took her straight from the shelter to pick out a pretty pink flowered collar so she could show the world just how fabulous she is.
She spent her first year tied up outside without anyone to play with her or give her the snuggles and cuddles she deserves. She finally got free and found her way into a foster home where she is learning how to be a good dog. And so far she’s enjoying every minute of it.
Ella is very inquisitive. She enjoys exploring all the great sights, sounds and smells of the world. She also enjoys a good round of squeezie play, but then again what dog doesn’t.
She likes to give kisses and has the softest fur. She will crawl up into your lap, look up at you with her soulful eyes and let you scratch her ears and rub her tummy as long as you’re willing.
Ella likes to watch tv while she cuddles, but she is no couch potato. She likes to chase and play with other dogs. She would love to be a part of a family who had other young dogs. If you don’t have other dogs, she’ll help you meet your neighbors as you take her to the dog park or arrange play dates. She likes to take walks and would make a great running partner.
If you’re looking to add a sweet, loyal dog to your family, look no further than Ella. She promises to continue being fabulous if you promise to keep loving her.
- Age and weight: I'm one year old and weigh 24 pounds. I'm working on getting lots of high quality food so I can gain a couple pounds.
- Good with kids: I'm not sure if I'm good with kids
- Good with dogs: I'm good with other dogs, but I prefer young ones like me who want to play.
- Good with cats: I’m not good with cats.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or an apartment.
- House trained: I’m working on this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I'm working on this crate training thing
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I don't usually chew on inappropriate things, but I'm young and I explore the world with my mouth. I'll help you keep your house tidy.
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Ella is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, December 12th at the Calverton PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.