Hi, I'm Missy
American Bulldog Terrier | Young | Female | Medium
Prepare to have Missy steal your heart! She is very affectionate, obedient, and adorable. She especially enjoys chasing thrown tennis balls, and will beg you to play ball all day long. She absolutely must have a fenced yard in which to run off all that energy in short bursts. Missy will want to sleep with you, either in your bed, or on her bed at the foot of yours. Ideally, she would love to have another dog to play with, best if her size or larger. Not suitable to be left alone all day or in a crate—she needs companionship and affection, and will kiss you endlessly in reward. Missy has completed four surgeries to repair her “cherry eyes”, and because one of the third eyelids has been removed, she will likely need daily (inexpensive) eye drops later on to prevent dry eye complications. If you and your dog want a 24/7 companion, and you have a fenced yard, Missy could be your girl.
- Age: 2 years old
- Weight: 47 lbs
- Good with kids: Probably, but I haven't met any yet.
- Good with dogs: Yes, after a proper introduction.
- Good with cats: Unknown, but high prey drive
- Fenced yard: Absolutely. I need to run frequently throughout the day
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home with lots of room.
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: Yes.
- Barks when left alone: No.
- Chews inappropriate items: Usually only chews on doggy toys.
- Training: knows Sit, Come, No, Stop
- Activity level: Normally quiet, but needs short periods of intense running. Will play/rough house with other dogs.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Generally Missy will not be attending adoption shows, although there is always a chance that plans will need to be changed at the last minute.