Hi, I'm Mateo. I’m adopted!
Pug Chihuahua | Young | Male | Small
Mateo was adopted August of 2020. We have contacted you if you were selected.
Are you experiencing quarantine fatigue? Continued isolation can be tough even on a classic introvert. Perhaps you are feeling anxious or irritable. Maybe you have racing thoughts and are feeling unmotivated to exercise or stay on any regular routine.
Mateo to the rescue! Mateo is everything you want in a best friend. This doggy version of a goofy teddy bear loves to snuggle, bounce joyfully around the neighborhood, or join you on that comfy sofa for those late nights of scrumptious snacks and Netflix. He would love to help you release some of those mood enhancing endorphins, on a mid day walk. And his silly, joyful grin will certainly motivate you to jump out of bed each morning and start your day. Everyone needs a Mateo in their life to lift their spirits and chase those worries away.
- Age and weight: 1.5 years, 16.0 lbs
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 8 years old.
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs, but a bit reserved.
- Good with cats: Yes
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or apartment, as long as it has an attached, fenced yard
- House trained: Pretty much, though I do have an occasional accident.
- Crate trained: Yes.
- Barks when left alone: No.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: Minimal
If you are interested in Mateo. I’m adopted!, consider letting us know by filling out a (no-obligation) adoption application. Please consult our Adoption FAQ before contacting us.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Mateo. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.