Hi, I'm Maggie. I’m adopted!
Silky Terrier Mix | Adult | Female | Small
Maggie was adopted August 2017!
Hello! My name is Maggie and I am a loveable lady. I do enjoy a snuggle with my foster mom and to carry around my favorite stuffed toy. I get along well with my foster brother (another Silky), but really love to be with my foster humans more.
As a silky terrier mix, my coat does require a bit of maintenance, but I don’t mind the brushing or showers one bit – and I look so cute with a bow in my hair!
I was in the shelter for a while and am working to build back trust, but I am making great progress. I look forward to making your acquaintance!
- Age: 5 years
- Weight: 15 lbs
- Good with kids: I'm good with kids over 10 years old
- Good with dogs: I’m used to dogs.
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse, but not an apartment.
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Maggie does not expect to attend the next adoption show, July 22nd at the Bowie PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.