Hi, I'm Lenny. I’m adopted!
Labrador Retriever American Staffordshire Terrier | Baby | Male | Medium
Lenny was picked up running at large in Prince George’s County, with a female puppy and an adult female dog. The animal control officer thought that the dog (a pitbull mix) might be the puppies’ mother. So, the shelter listed Lenny as a pitbull mix. Because he doesn’t look much like a pit, we ran a DNA test which showed him to be 50% Labrador and 50% American Staffordshire terrier. However, because the Prince George’s County shelter deemed him a pit, he can not be adopted to someone living in PG County.
Lenny is a big, friendly puppy. He likes other dogs and loves to run and play. At this young age, he cannot be left alone for more than 3 hours. He hasn’t been in his foster home for long so we’re not sure about his house training.
Lenny needs a home without young children as his puppy teeth are razor sharp, and he doesn’t know how to play without using his mouth.
Lenny does love to cuddle when he’s ready to rest after some energetic playtime. If you are interested in some puppy love, and don’t live in Prince George’s County, come and meet Lenny at one of our adoption shows.
- Age: 3 months
- Weight: 29 lbs
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 12 years old.
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I'm not sure if I'm good with cats
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse, but not an apartment.
- House trained: I am not house trained yet.
- Crate trained: I am not crate trained yet.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I’m a puppy, so I need lots of toys to chew on. I chew a lot!
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Lenny is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, October 24th, although there's always a possibility that plans will need to change at the last minute. You can meet with our adoption coordinator at Bowie PetSmart (12-2), or meet some of the other dogs up for adoption at the Barkin' Bash at Quiet Waters in Annapolis (11-3).