Hi, I'm Jupiter. I’m adopted!
Labrador Retriever German Shepherd Dog | Baby | Male | Large
Jupiter was adopted March 2020!
Hi, I’m Jupiter –
I am everything you want in a puppy! I am friendly, active and smart!
I love to play, but my foster brother is an old fuddy-duddy and won’t wrestle with me, so I need a forever family with another young dog I can romp with. My foster dad says I’m rambunctious and could probably knock a little kid over without meaning to. I like chasing sticks and chewing on my toys. Sometimes, I chew on other things, since I am a puppy, but I stop if I’m offered a treat in trade.
Speaking of treats, I really like them, and will do almost anything for them! Which is good, because as a youngster I am still learning what is expected of me and will need to be taught those things. For basic training, I already know ‘sit,’ and am working on ‘down.’ I’m learning manners, like ‘leave it’ and ‘drop it’ and ‘take gently.’ I’m also learning words, like ‘No!’
I like to curl up near my foster mom when she’s on the computer or cooking dinner. My foster brother and I sleep outside the bedroom and wake up to ask to go outside before breakfast.
I like going for car rides, especially to the dog park (my foster mom caught me on video!) or adoption shows… so come meet me!
- Age and weight: I'm 10 months old and weigh 60 pounds.
- Good with kids: Yes, with kids over 7
- Good with dogs: Yes, if they're young and energetic like me.
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Preferred
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: No
- House trained: Pretty much, though I do have an occasional accident.
- Crate trained: If needed, but I'm not a fan
- Barks when left alone: Yes, if crated
- Chews inappropriate items: I’m a puppy, so I need lots of toys to chew on. I chew a lot!
- Training: I already know how to sit for treats, but I'm looking forward to training classes.
- Activity level: Active and would love a doggy playmate and/or kids!
- Special needs: null
If you are interested in Jupiter. I’m adopted!, consider letting us know by filling out a (no-obligation) adoption application. Please consult our Adoption FAQ before contacting us.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Jupiter. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.