Hi, I'm Harley. I’m adopted!
Labrador Retriever Terrier | Baby | Male | Large
Hiya. My name is Harley, and I am new to having a place I can call `home’. I am a pretty shy guy. I need someone to help me come out of my shell and explore my surroundings…slowly. Life started out pretty tough, so I am a bit wary of people, as well as the comings and goings in my foster home. I can’t help myself. I tend to bark when I am introduced to new things or people. Given time, this is bound to fade. For one thing, fewer things will be ‘new’!
I do enjoy being around my foster sister. She makes me feel safe when we go outside and come back in. I would love to have a quiet, patient person or family, to show me the ropes, and help me get the hang of being a family dog. It has always been my life long dream to be a family dog. Are you out there, family? If so please come and meet me!
- Age and weight: I am 6 months old as of May, 2016, and weigh 35 pounds.
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 12 years old.
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: Yes. Although sometimes a bit too interested.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home
- House trained: I’m working on this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I'll whine when you leave, but then I'll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: Sometimes, but if I have toys I find them more interesting.
- Training: Work in progress
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Harley is planning to attend the next adoption show, June 25 at the Bowie PetSmart.