Hi, I'm Duncan. I’m adopted!
Beagle | Adult | Male | Small
I am a super adorable Beagle on the smaller side who is absolutely WONDERFUL with children (even with the 8 inexperienced dog kids that my foster family had over under the age of 10 one day last week). I am low maintenance, I have not destroyed a single thing at my foster home, I have only voiced my ‘beagle-bark’ a couple of times, and when they had another friend’s dog over, I played SO WELL with him. I do really well on walks. I don’t have tons of energy, but I have enough to play and be silly when you want me to. I really am one of the best dogs this foster family has met. If you are a Beagle lover, or just looking for an awesome dog, I’m your guy!
- Age and weight: I'm 3 years old and weigh about 17 pounds.
- Good with kids: Yes
- Good with dogs: I'm good with other dogs, but I can get a little agitated by them on walks
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: I’m really good at this house training thing and will be 100% in another week. I catch on quickly!
- Crate trained: Yes.
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I know the 'sit' command. Is there more?
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Duncan is not planning to attend the next adoption show, July 14th at the Calverton PetSmart, although ther e is always the chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.