Hi, I'm Davy. I’m adopted!
Labrador Retriever | Baby | Male | Medium
Davy was adopted March 2016!
Hi, my name is Davy. I am a cute little mutt who LOVES playing with other pups. (That’s me and my foster brother, romping in the back yard!) I am a shy puppy and need a little work getting used to humans, but I am making lots of progress! I would need a patient human who would be willing to work with me on my socialization. I also would prefer a human who has a fenced in yard I can play in, just because I really enjoy being outdoors. I do enjoy snuggling once I get to know you, and will gladly sleep on your lap while you binge on Netflix.
When you meet me, keep in mind that I am shy of newcomers, but I will warm up eventually. My foster family has only had me a few days, but have seen big improvements already. Excited to find my forever home!
- Age and weight: I'm about 14 pounds now, but I'm only 4 or 5 months old.
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 12 years old.
- Good with other dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse, but not an apartment.
- House trained: I’m working on this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I am not crate trained yet.
- Barks when left alone: I'll whine when you leave, but then I'll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I may occasionally chew inappropriate items; But hey I'm a puppy, I explore the world with my mouth.
- Training: I’m still a puppy, so I have a lot to learn.
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Davy is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, March 19th at the Annapolis PetCo, although there's always a possibility that plans will need to change at the last minute.