Hi, I'm Daisy. I’m adopted!
Maltese Mix | Adult | Female | Small
Are you looking for a new sidekick? I’m your girl! My dream day with my human includes cuddles and companionship. I am happiest when I can just be near you, sitting on the couch.
My foster Mommy would swear that I am a girl half my age. The vets say I’m 8, but my antics suggest otherwise! I love to chase my tail (I even catch it!) and run around with my stuffed toys. I’m very vocal, and voice my pleasure in happy growls. I adore belly rubs.
I like going on walks, but need some training in this area. When I’m on my leash, I tend to have bad manners when I see other people or dogs.
Daisy has a degenerative heart condition and will need to be on lifelong meds, but the cardiologist thinks she still has a few good years left. She also recently had a bladder stone removed and will need to stay on a special diet to help prevent them from reoccurring.
- Age: 8 years
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Good with kids: I’m good with older kids. I don’t know if I’m good with younger kids yet.
- Good with dogs: I'm good with other dogs, but I can get a little agitated by them on walks
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: OK for townhouse or apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I only chew on inappropriate things when I'm bored or lonely.
- Training: I know the 'sit' command. Is there more?
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
- Special needs: yes, I need daily medication.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.