Hi, I'm Daisy. I’m adopted!
Labrador Retriever Mix | Baby | Female | Medium
Daisy was adopted August 2015!
Daisy was found as a stray on the streets when she was about 7 weeks old, just hanging out by herself. As she gets a little older and develops some more distinguishing characteristics, we’ll be better able to determine how large she will be as an adult and what breed she will most resemble, but we think she’s not likely to be over 50 pounds.
Like most puppies, Daisy is sweet and social. She loves to cuddle with her people and play with other dogs. But like all puppies, she comes with the typical puppy challenges. At this young age, she cannot be left alone for more than 3 or 4 hours, and she wakes up at night every 2 to 3 hours, crying. She is learning to use a puppy pad for a temporary, indoor bathroom, but it’s a challenge we continue to work on.
Daisy needs a home without young children as her puppy teeth are razor sharp, and she doesn’t know that, yet. Indeed, puppies explore the world with their mouths, as they must, in order to learn the power of their jaws and what is and isn’t acceptable to bite. It will take her many months to learn proper bite inhibition. Be prepared for a lot of ‘accidents’ in the meantime.
Daisy does love to cuddle when she has exhausted herself from play, but once rested, she is ready to roll! At this stage, playtime and naptime alternate pretty rapidly. As she gets older, the times for each will lengthen. Adolescent dogs can have the desire to play almost non-stop!
Daisy is a cute little bundle of love, now, but there are trying times ahead before she settles into the wonderful adult dog who is easy to love and easy to care for. If you’re thinking of adopting a puppy like Daisy, commit to that roller coaster ride called ‘doggy adolescence’ (usually from 6 months to 18 months), recognizing that there is a doggy good citizen at the other end.
Catch her TV debut here – http://on.wusa9.com/1bSXdT1
- Age and weight: I'm 4 months old and weigh 17 pounds. (as of May, 2015)
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 12 years old.
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I’m good with cats.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home
- House trained: I am not house trained yet.
- Crate trained: I am not crate trained yet.
- Barks when left alone: I do bark when left alone. I get lonely!
- Chews inappropriate items: I’m a puppy, so I need lots of toys to chew on. I chew a lot!
- Training: I’m still a puppy, so I have a lot to learn.
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
- Special needs: null
- I need an experienced adopter.
If you are interested in Daisy. I’m adopted!, consider letting us know by filling out a (no-obligation) adoption application. Please consult our Adoption FAQ before contacting us.
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Daisy. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.