Hi, I'm Collette. I’m adopted!
Boxer | Adult | Female | Large
Hi! My name is Collette! I am 4 years old, but have the heart of a puppy. I love to cuddle and play. I get excited around new people and new dogs, but once I get a good sniff I’m comfortable.
I like to play games, love to go on walks, and am always up for a good chew toy. I’m also really well potty trained and don’t need to be in a crate unless you really need me to be. I’m very laid back and enjoy hanging out with my humans and doggy buddies. When I’m feeling really playful I like to play tug with my toys and run around outside.
I’m looking for a family that can provide consistent belly rubs and lots of love. Even though I’m playful, I’m a gentle girl and would be great with a family that has kids too.
- Age and weight: I'm 4 years old and weigh about 45 pounds.
- Good with kids: Yes
- Good with dogs: I'm OK greeting other dogs, but I'd like to be an only dog
- Good with cats: Yes
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Collette is expecting to be at the next adoption show, May 27th at the Bowie PetSmart, although there is always the chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.