Hi, I'm Butterscotch! I’m Adopted!
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel | Young | Female | Small
Butterscotch was adopted May, 2015!
Butterscotch was turned in to a local shelter along with 6 other dogs(!) when her owners decided to move and not take any of them along. Initially, she was very scared at the shelter and not put on the adoption floor. We pulled her into our program and she has blossomed into a fabulous dog in her foster home. She does wonderfully with the other dogs in the home, will stick to her bully sticks and toys when looking for something to chew, and loves to sleep on her back. She will sit up and beg when she wants you to pet her. Her medium-length coat will need regular brushing and she does shed. She hasn’t been around kids yet, but would probably be best with older kids due to her size. She can be a little barky on leash when she spots new people and other dogs, but does OK with them with a slow introduction. She does great with strangers coming into the house.
She is looking for a new family that will keep her through thick and thin. Is that you?
- Age and weight: I'm one year old and weigh 12 pounds.
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 12 years old.
- Good with other dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I’m looking forward to taking a training class!
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Butterscotch will be at the Bowie PetSmart April 25 from noon to 1 only.