Hi, I'm Bebe. I’m pending!
Beagle Labrador Retriever | Adult | Female | Medium
Hi! My name is Bebe, and I want to be your best friend. I’m a happy and healthy adult dog looking for my forever home. I was adopted last year, but my owner can no longer keep me. I need a fenced yard so I can run around and get some exercise. I also like going on walks and hikes. I can get a little barky when I see other dogs, but mostly I only want to meet them. I enjoy trips to the dog park so I can socialize with other dogs. I don’t enjoy playing with toys, but when I have bursts of energy, I like to play tug. I don’t bark often, only when it gets loud or when I hear the doorbell or a knock at the door. Speaking of doors, I like to explore, so if you leave the door open, I will go on an excursion. I’m not gone for long, and I don’t stray too far away from home. I don’t have a great relationship with cats and squirrels; when I see them, I bark and sometimes want to chase them.
I love food, so you have to be careful not to feed me too much. As long I get lots of exercises I will be fine. So, do you want to be best friends?!
- Age and weight: I'm 6 years old and weigh about 44 pounds.
- Good with kids: Yes
- Good with dogs: I'm good with other dogs, but I can get a little agitated by them on walks
- Good with cats: No
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: OK for townhouse or apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: Yes.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Bebe is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, November 10th at the Calverton PetSmart, but there's always a chance plans will have to change at the last minute.