Hi, I'm Bailey. I’m adopted!
German Shepherd Dog Labrador Retriever | Young | Female | Medium
I love people! I have never met a person I didn’t like. That goes for dogs as well. I am still very young and love to play, run, and explore. I currently live in a house with five college students and am rarely home alone. Routine is unbelievably important for me, as I need to go out in the morning, midday, and evening.
If you’re not in the mood to play, that’s OK. I also love to cuddle! Sometimes I think I am a lapdog. I will never miss the opportunity to lie across your lap and accept a pet. Whether you are reading a book or lying in bed, I’ll be happy to curl up next to you (or on you). But don’t think that I can’t be alone; I do my afternoon and evening resting in my own bed.
I’m not a huge fan of the vacuum, but other household machines do not bother me. I am very tolerant of loud, abrupt noises. (Remember, I live with college students!)
- Age and weight: I’m 1 ½-2 years old, and weigh about 47 pounds
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids.
- Good with dogs: I'm good with other dogs, but I can get a little agitated by them on walks
- Good with cats: I’m good with cats.
- Fenced yard: I do not necessarily need a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home with lots of room.
- House trained: I’m really good at this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I am not crate trained yet.
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I only chew on inappropriate things when I'm bored or lonely.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Bailey is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, May 28th at the Bowie PetSmart, although there's always a possibility that plans will need to change at the last minute.