Hi, I'm Sydney. I’m adopted!
Labrador Retriever Mastiff | Young | Female | Large
I am a very friendly pup and love to play with other dogs and people. I know how to sit, stay, lay down, drop toys, and shake paws. I also know I did something bad when you tell me “No”, then I quickly settle down. I’d like to run free in a fenced yard, but I can jump over a 5-foot fence. Good thing I am good on a leash and love to go for walks, too!
I love having all the attention, but I will get used to sharing it with another equally friendly dog. Cats are very interesting to me, but they usually are not comfortable around me because I get so curious; I don’t want to hurt them, just want to play! When it’s TV time, I love to snuggle up on the couch and watch what you’re watching, but look out… I may give you a few kisses! I like to be wherever you are in the house because I love having company. I am usually a quiet dog, but I give a couple barks of excitement when I hear somebody at the door.
- Age and weight: I'm a year and a half, and weigh 75 pounds
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids, but I could knock little ones over by accident.
- Good with dogs: I'm good with other dogs, but I prefer young ones like me who want to play.
- Good with cats: Yes. Although sometimes a bit too interested.
- Fenced yard: Tall Fenced (6 foot) yard preferred
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse, but not an apartment.
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I am not crate trained yet.
- Barks when left alone: I do not usually bark when left alone.
- Chews inappropriate items: I only chew on inappropriate things when I'm bored or lonely.
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: My activity level is moderate.
- Special needs: null
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Sydney. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.