Hi, I'm Storm
Labrador Retriever Rottweiler | Young | Female | Large
She loves being petted and having her tummy scratched. She is happiest when she’s active – wrestling with her foster bro, racing around the yard, going for walks or tossing a toy into the air.
Storm likes taking all the toys out of the toy box but is not good about putting them back. She especially enjoys gnawing on bones. She’s very curious, and very food motivated, which should help with training. She knows Sit, and is working on Leave it, but needs help improving her manners, such as Wait and Don’t Jump.
She is still young and will sometimes stray from chewing her own toys, so at this point, will need to be crated when no one is at home.
Storm needs an active family with an energetic dog that likes to play! Storm will amuse you with her antics and join you in your activities all day long. Come meet her!
- Age and weight: I'm about 2 1/2 years old, and weigh 56 pounds.
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids, but I could knock little ones over by accident.
- Good with dogs: I'm great with other dogs and enjoy initiating and responding to request for play time!
- Good with cats: I'm not good with cats or other small animals.
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home with lots of room.
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I’ll go in my crate at night, but I think it’s a punishment during the day.
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I only chew on inappropriate things when I'm bored or lonely.
- Training: I know the 'sit' command. Is there more?
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Storm will be at the next adoption show, June 8th, at the Calverton PetSmart.