Hi, I'm Stella. I’m adopted!
Beagle German Shepherd Dog | Young | Female | Medium
Stella is an affectionate and playful dog. She likes to be around her humans at all times, but also clearly likes having a canine playmate! She seems to have a little separation anxiety so would probably do best in a home where people are home more often than not and should be crated when she does need to be left alone.
She loves to play fetch and tug of war, and you will likely get tired of it before she will. She would fit in well with an active family and loves to play with kids. When she’s not playing, she’s happy to just chill out in her bed.
Stella could still use some work on basic training since she tends to jump on people when she is excited to see them and can pull pretty hard on the leash when she wants to go somewhere or gets distracted by someth ….. squirrel!!
- Age and weight: I'm a year and half old and weigh 42 pounds.
- Good with kids: Yes, with kids over 8.
- Good with dogs: Yes, if they're young and energetic like me.
- Good with cats: No
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: OK for townhouse, not apartment
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I only chew on inappropriate things when I'm bored or lonely.
- Training: I know the basics & some tricks!
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
To find out if Stella is attending the next adoption show, click on "adoption show attendees" under the "adopt" menu. Generally the list of attendees is posted the Friday before the show.