Hi, I'm Starla
Labrador Retriever Mix | Young | Female | Medium
Starla is a confident, good-natured dog with a rock-solid disposition and a great sense of humor. It’s as though she chose to have those ears, one ear up and one ear down, just to make you smile at her! She seems to go through life with a smile on her face, convinced that every dog or person she meets is a new friend.
Starla loves to be petted and touched by people and other dogs, and although she’s active, she’s surprising gentle and quiet. She loves kids but may be a little too boisterous for under 10s. Wrestling and playing chase with other dogs are her favorite games. She also loves to chase kicked balls and is learning to fetch them.
She’s a bright dog and likes to please so her new owner would ideally attend a basic dog training program with her, to help her understand what you expect of her and to strengthen her bond with you.
She’s a good girl in the house and usually only needs to be told once to “leave it.” She settled into her foster home in a matter of days and thrives on knowing how things are done so she can fit right in. She came house-trained and with careful monitoring, hasn’t had a lapse!
Her foster home is sure Starla would be a great addition to any happy home but wouldn’t you love to meet her and decide for yourself?
- Age and weight: I'm about a year old, and weigh 50 pounds.
- Good with kids: I'm good with kids over 10 years old
- Good with dogs: Yes, and I'd love a playful companion
- Good with cats: Unknown, but I'm young and trainable
- Fenced yard: Ideally. I need room to run!
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm comfortable in my crate for short periods of time
- Barks when left alone: No.
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: Active and would love a doggy playmate and/or kids!
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Starla is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, June 23rd at the Bowie PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.