Hi, I'm Pup
Presa Canario Mix | Young | Male | Large
Pup has been with us since mid-March, and he’s been pretty much a picture perfect canine citizen – better than the average 2 year old dog, at least. For starters, he doesn’t pull on leash when being walked! How cool is that!! And he’s willing to settle until people or other dogs invite him to play. (He does get quite excited and playful with other dogs.) A quiet, loving soul, he does have the propensity to jump on people for greetings. This could be very bad, except he knows “down”, and it works… every time!! He saves his greatest enthusiasm for kids, though, licking them over and over.
Aside from down, Pup also knows “sit”, “stay”, and “come here, Pup”. He’s not wildly attracted to doggy toys, but he loves treats (which should make further training through the use of positive methods a breeze). Pup loves to chase squirrels. While this doesn’t immediately imply that he’d chase cats, too, any introduction to cats should be done very carefully.
Are you ready to make this gentlepup part of your family? Come meet him at an adoption show and prepare to be charmed.
- Age and weight: I'm 2 years old and weigh abut 76 pounds
- Good with kids: Yes
- Good with other dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Unsure
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: OK for townhouse, not apartment
- House trained: I’m really good at this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: No.
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Pup is planning to be at the next adoption show, April 22nd at the Bowie PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans will need to be changed at the last minute.