Hi, I'm Piper. I’m adopted!
Chihuahua Min Pin | Young | Female | Small
Piper is quite the little dog. She is full of life and has a lot of energy. She really likes to be with people. She is most content when the family is around. (She has a touch of separation anxiety.) She entertains herself with her toys, when she is not in the same room as the family. She does like to pick up anything on the floor and chew it, so her new family would need to remember if it’s on the ground, it’s Piper’s. Many times, she just likes to pick up items and take them to her bed. She doesn’t destroy them; more like nestles with them. Piper also loves chew stix; the bigger the better.
Outside is a delight for her. She has learned what the harness is and puts her head right through the hole, eagerly waiting to be snapped in. She is a great walker, and loves to greet people and other doggies while out on her walk. She DOES know how to potty outside, so she needs to be on a schedule.
Piper loves kids, and joins them in their games, or will sit right with them, trying to get on laps, or at least as close as possible. She has been introduced to a cat. Initially she had no idea what this animal was, but now they enjoy speeding through the house playing chase. If the cats like her, she is good with them. I don’t know what she would do with a cat that doesn’t like dogs.
Piper loves to go to the doggie park and run, run, run, run. She chases the tennis ball, and sometimes you will get it back. She loves to play chase with you.
Piper is a great eater. You have to watch her, though. Once she is done with her food, she is running around looking for everyone else’s. She can just barely get up on tables and will swipe your food if you leave it unattended. You can take her food from her or tell her to drop what she has picked up or pull from her mouth, though.
Piper is a gentle and kind dog, full of love and character, looking for a family who will love her just as much.
- Age and weight: I am 1 year old and 10 pounds.
- Good with kids: I'm good with kids over 8 years old; I play-bite pretty hard
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I’m good with cats.
- Fenced yard: I would prefer a home with a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or apartment, as long as I get enough exercise
- House trained: I am already house trained.
- Crate trained: I do NOT like crates!
- Barks when left alone: I'll bark for about 5 minutes, and then I'll settle down
- Chews inappropriate items: I have been known to chew inappropriate items—my adoptive family will need to work on this with me.
- Training: I’m looking forward to taking a training class!
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Piper is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, September 12, at the Calverton PetSmart, although there is always a chance plans may need to change at the last minute.