Hi, I'm Penelope
Poodle | Adult | Female | Small
Are you looking for a cuddly, quiet lap dog that loves walks as much as a warm lap? Then look no further. This sweet senior is quiet and shy, but gets along with everyone; including both dogs and cats.
Although she has a chronic medical condition that will require ongoing medication, it is completely manageable and she is a courageous and cooperative trooper.
Penelope warms up to people fast and enjoys time on your lap, but is able to entertain herself if necessary. She just wants a caring patient family who will love her forever. Please consider this sweet soul who will fill your heart with joy.
- Age: 8 years old
- Weight: 16 lbs.
- Good with kids: Yes, with kids over 8.
- Good with other dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: Yes
- Fenced yard: Not required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or an apartment.
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: Yes.
- Barks when left alone: No.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: I am working on the basic commands: sit, stay, come, down.
- Activity level: Laid back
- Special needs: I need special care.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Penelope is NOT expecting to attend the next adoption show, October 22nd at the Bowie PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.