Hi, I'm Oso
Norwich Terrier Mix | Senior | Male | Small
Hello! My name is Oso, which means Bear. My foster parents have taken to calling me ‘Little Bear’. I am very loving and will follow you to the moon and back. I want nothing more than to cuddle up with some good pets (unless you have treats, of course!) I am very laid-back and sleep away most of the day but will be right there at the door to greet you when you get home. I am very food motivated; it is best to not leave more food out than I need because I will gobble it all up.
I like cuddles and treats, but I don’t like playing too much. I lost a few teeth recently, so I still can’t chew on toys. As a result, I need to eat only soft food (for now?). I also can’t ‘hold it’ (I think that means I need to go to the bathroom, often, but sometimes human expressions are down right confusing!). My foster parents are going to have this checked at the vet, but as I’m a rather small dog, it just may be that my bladder is that small.
I love going outdoors with my humans, but not so much without them. I even like swimming and baths are easy for me! I would do best with someone who likes to relax and spend time with me. I can’t wait to meet you!
Oso debuted on the Pet Show!
- Age: 10 years
- Weight: 13 lbs.
- Good with kids: Not sure.
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: Yes
- Fenced yard: I do not necessarily need a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse or an apartment.
- House trained: Working on it
- Crate trained: I'm not crate trained, and I don't need one
- Barks when left alone: I’ll bark when you leave, but then I’ll settle down.
- Chews inappropriate items: I do not usually chew inappropriate items.
- Training: Working on sit, stay, come and down
- Activity level: I’m pretty laid-back.
- Special needs: I can only eat soft food, and I have to go potty often
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
**CHANGE** Oso IS expecting to attend the next adoption show, October 13th at the Calverton PetSmart.