Hi, I'm Maddie. I’m adopted!
Border Collie Mix | Adult | Female | Medium
Maddie is a leaner, a licker and a lover. She is happiest lying at your feet, no matter what you’re doing. She enjoys riding in the car, with her head out the window. She chases balls, and brings them back… but doesn’t drop them. (We’re going to work on that!)
She wants very much to play, and can be rather insistent with dogs that aren’t up for a romp. That can lead to playground spats, so her new family will need to keep an eye on her introduction to and interactions with other dogs. She seems to be better with dogs her size or smaller.
Like many border collies, Maddie is very vocal, and has a bark much larger than her size. She uses it when she wants something, and when her people leave her alone. She loves meeting people, a little too enthusiastically at times, but is ready to chill with you once the greetings are over. Come chill with her!
- Age and weight: I'm 5 years old and weigh about 45 pounds
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids, but I could knock little ones over by accident.
- Good with dogs: I'm good with other dogs, but I prefer young ones like me who want to play.
- Good with cats: I'm not good with cats or other small animals.
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I need a single family home
- House trained: Yes.
- Crate trained: I'm OK in a crate for short periods of time, but I prefer to be out
- Barks when left alone: I do bark when left alone. I get lonely!
- Chews inappropriate items: No
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I am quite active, but I also like to sit with you
- Special needs: null
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Maddie. I’m adopted! will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.