Hi, I'm Adopted! Lola
Red Bone Coon Hound Hound | Baby | Female | Large
Lola was adopted in May of 2014!
Please consult our ADOPTION FAQ (https://sites.google.com/site/pgspcavol/apply) before contacting us. If Lola is not listed as Pending or Adopted, you may assume she is still available.
Lola’s fosterer writes…
Lola was found as a stray on the side of the road. A good citizen brought her to the shelter, who immediately noticed she wasn’t putting weight on one of her back legs. The shelter sent her to the vet, who discovered she had a completely broken leg. Unfortunately, the shelter did not have the resources to surgically repair the leg and she was scheduled to be euthanized. Luckily, one of our volunteers who likes hounds noticed her and we managed to rescue her just in
She had surgery to repair the leg at the end of February and it has healed up wonderfully. She will need to stay somewhat quiet for 2-3 more months (no dog parks or long runs), but then should be good to go.
Lola is a very sweet, affectionate dog. She loves to give you kisses as soon as you come home and always will be next to you whether you’re out in the yard, in the kitchen, or just watching TV. She’ll sit right next to you on the couch and get as comfortable as possible, which usually consists of her laying on her back completely stretched out.
Lola didn’t have the greatest start in life, but she is hoping for a new family to come take her home and change her luck.
We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Like us on FACEBOOK!
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids over 8 years old.
- Good with dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I don’t know if I’m good with cats yet.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse, but not an apartment.
- House trained: I’m working on this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I am already crate trained.
- Barks when left alone: I do bark when left alone. I get lonely!
- Chews inappropriate items: I’m a puppy, so I need lots of toys to chew on. I chew a lot!
- Training: I know the basic commands: Sit. Stay. Come.
- Activity level: I am very active and need lots of interactive play!
- Special needs: null
Please check the adoption-show-attendees page to see if Adopted! Lola will be attending the next adoption show.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.