Hi, I'm Libby. I’m adopted!
Boxer Labrador Retriever | Young | Female | Medium
Libby is a sweet, snuggly young lady looking for a family to call her own. She likes to play chase with her canine siblings but she also enjoys a good round of shake-the-squeezie all by herself and she enjoys chewing on a bone or a stick. She’s young so she has lots of energy and is curious about the world around her, but she also likes a good snuggle and she gives great kisses.
She enjoys walks and meeting her canine and human neighbors, although she could use a few lessons on proper leash walking etiquette. She would make a good running partner. Or she might like to try her paw at agility training once she masters her basic manners. She is food motivated and eager to please her human – all she needs is someone willing to help her learn.
Libby is full grown so she won’t get any bigger, but she is working on gaining a few pounds. She didn’t feel much like eating while she was in the shelter, but now that she’s in a foster home she’s enjoying a high quality diet and lots of yummy snacks. So far her favorite is a frozen peanut butter-filled kong – it’s a house special.
The shelter called her a beagle/boxer mix. We’re not so sure about that, but with her soulful eyes, heart shaped nose, perky ears, and wiggly butt, we think Libby is just about perfect, no matter what you call her.
- Age: I am about 1 1/2 years old
- Weight: I am 33 pounds but I'm working on getting to a healthy weight of 40 pounds
- Good with kids: I’m good with kids.
- Good with other dogs: I’m good with other dogs.
- Good with cats: I'm not good with cats or other small animals.
- Fenced yard: My home must have a fenced yard.
- Suitable for townhouse and/or apartment: I could live in a townhouse, but not an apartment.
- House trained: I’m working on this house training thing.
- Crate trained: I'm working on this crate training thing
- Barks when left alone: Not sure.
- Chews inappropriate items: I may occasionally chew inappropriate things, but I'm a youngster. I explore the word with my mouth.
- Activity level: I’m laid-back, but like to play.
NOTE: We are an all volunteer group and do not operate a shelter. All of our animals are in foster homes. We are unable to place our animals outside of the Baltimore/DC area.
Libby IS expecting to attend the next adoption show, May 28th at the Bowie PetSmart, although there is always a chance that plans may need to change at the last minute.